Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: EAR Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just noticed that Addy (Who is the only pre-Mattel I have now.) and Christiana (my Asian AGT) Have a unique indentation in their ears. Nellie and Liesl who are both post Mattel do not have it.

    Christiana arrived post Mattel, but her sculpt would have been pre-Mattel, since she was introduced at the beginning of the AGT line.

    Anybody else notice this? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    Lisa

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where is the mark? Do you think it's a mark where earrings might go? That would make sense in the production line if there was a mark for where the earring hole should be made. If they put earrings on completely by machine, then they wouldn't need a mark. But it's a thought.

    Julia

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, it is an indentation at the top of the ear.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is this like a production marking, or just the way the ear is shaped (thus looking natural). I happened to have all 5 head molds hanging out in one spot, so I looked at them, and their ears are all different. Although I'd say Addy's and the Asian's mold are similar, and Kaya's and the original mold are similar. Josefina's is unique. It's interesting! I'd never think to look that closely at the ears.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I probably wouldn't have noticed it either, had I not been putting eyelasses on one of the dolls. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •